NOV. 4 – DAY 4
THE CALL: PARTNERSHIP
1 Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers, Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen a lifelong friend of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off.
The modern farmer is supported by partners: seed companies, farm equipment dealers, agricultural scientists, government subsidies, and many others with vested interest in the harvest. Modern farming is a cooperative team effort.
In the church at Antioch, we see Christians – with their diverse backgrounds and roles – worshipping together as a unified Body to discern the will of the Holy Spirit. Antioch was the first multicultural church and the first to intentionally send those called by the Spirit to go engage the harvest of people.
The Great Harvest 2027 is too daunting for any one church, organization, or even a denomination to take on. In order to accomplish the task, churches, denominations, organizations, clergy, and laity need to all work together in the spirit of unity and as one Body.
CHONGJIN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ZONE
Chongjin is the DPRK’s third largest city with a population of 660,000. It is home to the Kim Chaek Iron and Steel Complex, North Korea’s largest steel mill, a power plant, several prison camps, and the only consular services outside of Pyongyang (Russian and Chinese). The EDZ covers parts of Songpyong District, which also houses a steel complex, a power plant and one of the port’s piers. Fun facts: Chongjin is the only city aside from Pyongyang to have a tramway system. Dried squid is the city’s famed delicacy.
Photo Credit: “Downtown Chongjin North Korea taken from the Kim Il-sung monument,” by Raymond K. Cunningham, Jr., CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
- Praying the Psalms – Psalm 51
- Adore God for His unfailing love for humanity. Praise Yahweh for His compassionate forgiveness and mercy to us. Laud Him for His unrelenting commitment to truth in our lives. Praise God for the joy of salvation!
- Confess (personal and corporate): any unloving attitudes towards others. Acknowledge biases that lead to prejudiced actions and unkind words. Admit and turn from betrayal to God’s way of loving all people unconditionally. Recognize and repent from rebellion towards God in relationships.
- Thank God for His passionate pursuit of our heart. Express gratitude for God’s desire for a deep, authentic, intimate relationship with us. Thank Holy Spirit for the ways in which He purifies us. Express appreciation and thanks for the church/organizations/denominations that said YES to Jesus’ call to adventure with Him to love North Korea these past 75 years.
- Prayerfully discern your: church, organization, denomination’s answer to this call. Ask to have Jesus’ eyes and heart to see and love others (Christians, North Koreans) the way He does. Pray for Chongjin: for God’s truth, light, love, and freedom to transform the people and the city.
Praise: O Praise the Name (Anastasis) – Hillsong
Encouragement: Let the Church Rise by Jonathan Stockstill
To share your prayer or respond to today’s devotional, please visit Reah International’s Facebook page.
Fast meal(s), daily coffee fix, technology, Netflix … whatever God places on your heart to fast and hunger more for Him. Pray during the fasted meal/activity time.